Thursday, December 29, 2011

growing up legit

So me and Max did a sweet little workout the other day. Deer Creek Trail with entire trail snowpacked! Deer creek to Plymouth creek loop and back (about 8-9 miles and 2000+ feet of climbing) Max was pumped and loves to be in the pack for hikes. He loves it even more when i jump off a rock or hop cause he gets tossed around in the backpack harness...who wouldn't love that ride? We stopped at 55min for animal crackers and water...and he hiked for 10min by himself...so rad. After 90min (50% running, 50% powerhiking) with a 30+lb pack I was pretty smoked. In the last year or so Deer creek has turned into one of my favorite training spots. Killer vertical and a mix of everything for MTB and amazing for hard trail runs. Its 10-15 drive from our house and rarely that busy. Hit me up if you want to join me sometime!

almost to the top
Dudes


the trail


going down steep hill...trekking pole to keep him stable!


Yep...pretty sure thats a mountain lion track! (as big as my hand)










1 comment:

jameson said...

dude.... your boy is huge now. so rad how your guys are brining him up! awesome stuff!!!